BEYOND project is a 24-month initiative promoted by 6 partners from Italy, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Belgium to contribute to tackle gender stereotypes in education and early childhood education.
The main aims of the project are to:
• increase the awareness of educators and parents/families in how attitudes and behaviours are influenced since the really beginning by the social expectations linked to boys and girls;
• reinforce the capacity of ECEC professionals in removing gender bias, thus offering actual equal opportunities to boys and girls;
• support progress towards gender equality, intended as a value and fundamental human right;
• boost the potential of boys and girls by raising awareness and tackling gender stereotypes in ECEC settings,
BEYOND foresees as main activities:
• Mapping of effective practices and pedagogical approaches to counter stereotypes and discriminations;
• Analysis and definition of the expected competences of ECEC teachers and supporting staff on how to counter gender stereotypes and unconscious biases in early childhood education provision;
• Design of the project capacity building strategy and training offer;
• Planning and piloting of ad-hoc educational and play-based activities aimed at removing gender stereotypes and bias;
• Information and awareness-raising activities targeting families.
• Development of Policy recommendations.
To learn more:
Project co-funded by the REC – Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union Id. n. 101005472