MAGIC SENS – MAnaging Graduated approach and Including balanced Curriculum for Special Educational Needs Students
Project funded by the ERASMUS PLUS programme: 2018-1-RO01-KA201-049489
In Europe around 15 million children have Special Educational Needs (SEN).They frequently leave school with few or no qualifications, before moving into specialist training. People with disabilities or SEN are much more likely to be unemployed or economically inactive, and even those who are relatively successful in the job market often earn less than their counterparts. The child with SEN remains far behind in reading-writing or reckoning in comparison with his/her intellectual abilities, with the amount of home and school exercises.
– FSLI (ROMANIA) – APPLICANT
– ASOCIATIA BUCURESTI PENTRU COPII DISLEXICI (ROMANIA)
– Centro F.A.R.E. (ITALY)
– FORMA.Azione (ITALY)
– Dyslexia Association of Ireland –DAI (IRELAND)
– C.M. SKOULIDI & SIA E.E. (GREECE)
– INDUSTRIAL AND BUSINESS EDUCATION AND TRAINING INSTITUTE – SEV Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (GREECE)
To enhance the skills and competences of teachers, teachers trainers and all those subjects from the educational chain that deal with young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- to establish a stable network of actors that are involved in the educational chain, both at trans-sectoral level (trade unions/schools / training institutes ) and on the transnational level (the various countries involved),
- to develop a TOOLKIT for teachers of students with SEN, a SEN Platform and a Training course for teachers (to be delivered both online and offline) and to be disseminated through this network.
- Teachers will be adequately trained and will be able to intervene with innovative approaches and tools in the various singular cases.
- to prevent early school leaving and low-level choices of students with SEN,
- to increase the percentage of students with SEN within the universities and will implement all the necessary strategies for their entrance in the labour market, in a way that takes into account their attitudes, potential, skills and individual talents..
- an overall cultural change in the approach towards subjects with SEN.